The purpose of the Matching Grant Program is to encourage associations, organizations, clubs, or individuals to sponsor a project in a Beulah Parks and Recreation District facility or park for the advancement of recreation opportunities in Beulah.
Initial Project Review
Prior to submission and deadline, Beulah Park Board must be contacted to conduct an initial project review to make sure project meets minimum specifications.
Recognition of Matching Grant
The approved projects shall have a recognition plaque, dedication, or some other recognition signifying the project is part of the Beulah Parks and Recreation District Matching Grant Program.
Administration and Accounting
Administration and accounting procedures will be determined by agreement with approved parties. Projects that will be managed by the Park District, as determined during the interview process, will follow the Park District’s purchasing policies and procedures.
Who Can Apply
Associations, organizations, clubs, or individuals in the BeulahParks and Recreation District who are interested in applying for a grant to sponsor a project. Projects must be facility or park improvements and may include the purchase of recreation equipment.
Application Obtained at
Beulah Parks and Recreation District Office, 1900 Central Ave N, Beulah ND, 58523. Applications will be available after January 1st of each year.
Application deadlines for 2019 are 5pm on March 1st and August 1st.
After the deadline, a committee of staff and Commissioners will review all applications, conduct a short interview with applicants, and make recommendations to the Board of Park Commissioners at the March and August Park Board meetings.
Letters will be sent to all applicants, indicating the approval or denial of grant money. For those approved, an agreement will be sent to the successful project sponsors, which states the provisions of the grant funds.
The Board of Park Commissioners shall determine how much, if any, will be available each budget year for matching funds and may change or make exceptions to the amount at any time. $2,500 has been budgeted for 2019.
Projects will be funded at no more than 50 percent of the total estimated cost, or up to a maximum of $5,000 whichever is less. The Board of Park Commissioners, at its discretion, may approve matching funds of over $5,000.
Project Sponsor Certification
The project sponsor must certify that they have the necessary funds for their share of the total estimated project’s cost.
The approved projects must be completed in the year they are awarded, otherwise Park District funding will be lost.
Projects that will receive the greatest consideration are as follows:
- Projects that fit into the Beulah Parks and Recreation District’s strategic plan, mission and vision.
- Projects that serve a wide variety of people or large number of people, rather than to projects serving a limited group.
- Projects that can be used throughout the year — more than one season.
- Projects that have a developmental plan approved or reviewed by Beulah Parks and Recreation District.
- Projects that are on Park District property.
- Playground projects must comply with current playground standards and guidelines. Playgrounds that include a ramp with an accessible route will receive the highest consideration.
Projects that will NOT receive consideration for funding:
- Projects on private property as fixed improvements that aren’t open to the public.
- Personnel, operations, consultants.
- Projects that have begun before grant approval.
- Projects that use in-kind expenses as a match for grant application.
- Clothing or uniforms.